YOU GUYS! I love these things. AND you can make a ton and freeze them- easy to reheat the next in the morning!
These breakfast bites came from a recipe I got from my lovely sister that I modified a bit. They are fast, easy, and PERFECT to keep in the fridge for brekkie all week long. Grain-free and full of healthy fats, they are sure to give you sustained energy in the morning.
I tend to eat 3 or 4 with some sautéed veggies in the morning and man, am I satisfied. They don’t leave me feeling too full or bloaty (is that a word?) like other savory breakfast foods (looking at you, bread aisle) since they don’t have any gluten.
Try them out, tell me what you think, because I’m a little biased but I’m also a little addicted to these soooo…
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 5 pieces bacon
- 4 eggs
- 5 tbsp butter or coconut oil, melted
- ½ tbsp basil oregano
- ½ tbsp dried basil
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Cook bacon (to your preference) in a medium sized pan on med/low heat. Remove bacon from heat.
- Cut bacon into small pieces (small enough to be able to fit several pieces into each breakfast bite).
- In a medium sized bowl, beat eggs. Then add all ingredients (including cooked bacon) and stir with a wooden spoon or spatula until it’s difficult hard to stir.
- Gently knead ingredients together until they form a dough.
- Scoop into balls on the lined cookie sheet- about ½ inch apart. *They barely flatten, so if you prefer a flatter “cookie” shape instead of a ball, gently press down with fingers to flatten slightly.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, or until edges turn slightly golden-brown.. Allow to cool about 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!