This treat is the triple threat of desserts- fast, easy, and delicious. Plus, I KNOW they’ll be made all spring and summer long because they don’t require an oven… and not turning the oven on in the Texas heat is the biggest bonus a girl could ask for.
These bars are also jam-packed full of great & healthy ingredients- truly a guilt-free dessert.
-healthy fats from the almond butter and coconut oil
-allergy-fighting power when you use a local raw honey
-AND these spices help with digestion and inflammation.
Seriously, could you ask for a better treat? AND they tastes like CHRISTMAS!
*Does chai anything taste like Christmas to you, too? Or is that just me?
I found a recipe from Naturimedica and the modified it to my personal preference. This recipe is especially *perfect* if you’re starting to break your sugar habit… if you haven’t started that journey yet, be sure to read about it over here.
- 1 (generous) cup almond butter
- 2.5 cups unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1/4 cup collagen powder
- 3 tbsp raw honey (or maple syrup)
- 1.5 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp fresh (or powdered) ginger
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- 1/2 tsp cardamom
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- a couple pinches sea salt
- Combine all ingredients in a medium sized bowl
- Stir until combined (I find that stirring with a fork works best)
- Cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Pour the ingredients from the bowl onto the covered cookie sheet and spread to thinly fill the cookie sheet
- Place cookie sheet in freeze; freeze for about 20 minutes
- Remove from freezer and cut/break into bars. Enjoy!