Fall and Winter are my FAVORITE seasons, because I get to eat all the soup in the world.
Soup (in my opinion) is one of the best fertility foods because you can pack so much goodness and an insane amount of nutrients into each recipe. This recipe has:
- BONE BROTH – good quality bone broth is full of vitamins and minerals that help nourish and heal. It also has collagen which is an amazing nutrient for gut health. Bone broth helps reduce inflammation, and it’s delish.
- HEAVY CREAM- when you use good quality, organic cream (preferably from grass-fed cows), you get all the benefits of healthy fats!
- VEGGIES- I mean, come on. We all know why our parents taught us to eat our veggies. Kale, red potatoes, carrots, onions-this recipe is jam-packed full of nutrients.
Enjoy this version of the classic Zuppa Toscana soup!
*If you’d like to substitute heavy cream for coconut cream to make it paleo, I bet you could! I haven’t tried it myself but I’m sure it would work well.
A delicious, hearty soup perfect for fall and winter. With mineral rich bone-broth, healthy fats from the cream, and nutrients in the veggies, this is a great & healthy meal to help boost fertility!
- 2 lbs spicy sausage (casing removed if you’re using links)
- 2 lbs red potatoes, washed and diced (peeled if you like!)
- 1 white or yellow onion, diced
- 4 large carrots, diced
- 1 bunch kale, de-stemmed and chopped
- 5 cups bone broth
- 2.5 cups organic heavy cream
- 1 tbsp Real salt (or sea salt)
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Parmesan cheese (grated, for topping!)
- Wash and chop up all the veggies!
- Take the sausage out of the casing of sausage links, and crumble raw sausage into instant pot.
- Add chopped carrots, diced onion, and diced potatoes to instant pot.
- Add bone broth and all spices.
- Stir, and then set instant pot to manual, high pressure, for 14 minutes.
- Quick release when timer goes off. Open lid.
- Add in the chopped kale and stir.
- Temper in cream (in a bowl, add 1/2 cup broth to all of the cream and stir, then add in more broth 1/2 a cup at a time until you’ve added about 2 cups to warm up the cream… add in the broth/cream mix to instant pot)
- Serve in a bowl topped with some parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
Keywords: soup, fertility, instant pot, healthy